Organization Verification SSL
OV SSL (Organization Validation SSL) certificate is a security protocol with company verification. Relevant to businesses that are active on the Internet. The ssl certificate provides reliable protection of the domain on which the resource is located.
Types of SSL certificates
All certificates can be divided into several types depending on validity:
- Domain Validation (DV) - certificates with an average level of trust. They are intended to confirm the domain name. Identity verification of the buyer is not performed. The check establishes the right to work with the specified domain. Such certificates are usually used for personal sites. The request is processed here quickly, within a few minutes.
- Organization Validation (OV) certificates with a high level of trust confirm both the domain and the organization. Most often they are used for network business. It takes several days to establish an organization’s identity. The audit establishes the authenticity of the company and the right to use the domain name.
- Extended Validation (EV) - certificates whose competence includes extended validation. Such security protocols are perfect for banks, payment systems or business. During the processing of the request, the authenticity of the organization, the identity of the owner of the company, the legal status and the actual location of the offices and offices are determined. The certificate provides the most reliable protection and security of personal data.
Features of Organization Validation SSL
Security protocol with organization verification is a guarantee of the reliability of the Internet resource and the authenticity of the company. To obtain a certificate, an organization must meet a number of requirements:
- have official registration under the stated name;
- be at the address specified in the application. If you have a physical office, you need to specify the location;
- have the rights to operate the domain name for which protection the protocol is acquired.
Verification takes up to 10 days. After confirming the specified data, the buyer will get access to the certificate.
A paid ssl certificate with organization verification looks the same as a certificate wi